Thursday, November 20, 2008

(the potential to be) the greatest day ever

Here's a random screencap of Alex's and mine webcast type thing that we tend to do in media arts (I typed math there at first and I'm not sure why. I must be tired)

Yesterday was like the greatest day in the past month.
First of all the swim meet was yesterday, my school was hosting, so we were on home turf. And had the advantage. My god it was crazy
I did 5 events. I'm insane.
- 200m Medley Relay (swam freestyle)
- 50m Freestyle (43 seconds -_-) 
- 50m Butterfly (ABSOLUTE FAIL. Not even telling you my time for this)
- 200m Freestyle Relay (one of our worst times as of yet, but I blame the niners)
- 100m Freestyle

For my 100m Freestyle, I was SO HAPPY. 
It was my last event, and I felt kind of sick, and I was focused more on finishing it, not on actually winning.
My start was good, so I was proud of myself, and I started off at warm-up speed, just kind in a state of nirvana, since this is my favourite event.
on the way back to the wall, after the first 25m I noticed that I was ahead of two people, so I'm like, "Okay, you know what, I'm going to try".
I managed to do okay on my first two flip turns, and then for my last one, IT WAS AMAZING. For me anyways. My flip turns have always been more like an act of dumb luck than actual skill.
but for my last 25m, I like SHOT off of the wall. 
and passed two people last second and made it in 3rd place!!
Out of the 8 people that were in my heat. 

I CUT 5 SECONDS OFF MY BEST TIME FROM LAST YEAR.
I went from a 1:42 to a 1:37!!!

:D

And TKD was easy, since it snowed for the first time yesterday, i guess most people didn't bother to show up. 
There were a grand total of five of us. 
And we did like.....half a pyramid not even, and we sparred for the rest of the day. I guess that was fun, except for the last fight wasn't even a fight, I lost so badly D:>

And I get the feeling that he wasn't even trying. 
which is just depressing. 

Anyways,
So I can still talk even though I spent most of yesterday yelling,
And I am not sore! Only 3 new bruises!

Hooray :)

Peace Out,

~Lenny

No comments: