Tuesday, August 4, 2009

ROAD TRIP: Part 1 - Washington, D.C.

Well I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAACK :] And what an interesting time I had. From Maryland to D.C. to Virginia, and I think we passed through New York, Pennsylvania, and Delaware. Love Delaware, no taxes! :D

So between all our misadventures, all the rain, the heat, the windshield wiper flying off somewhere in Pennsylvania, scarfing down pizza with knives and forks, the y'all's, the only half-successful tan, my lack of knowledge in the field of American history, and our difficulties finding butter in a gorcery store, it was fun. I can't say it wasn't fun.

Our hotel room in Largo, Maryland. And half of my brother.

Complimentary Holy Bible. XD

The doors to the metro. Metro! hahaha I'm so used to calling it the subway.

Here's us at the start of the tour (mom, brother, me). We were the only Canadians in the group. There were some Brits, some Americans, some French speakers, and something that sounded a lot like Latvian but I seriously can't tell the difference. We got a pretty cool tour guide, as long as you didn't get too close to him. We want to hear the news not the weather, if you catch my drift.

The Vietnam War Memorial. It was really pretty I must say, and really well done. It's almost as though by seeing your reflection in the stone you can put a face to the name. Or I may be crazy.


The far less controversial half of the Vietnam War Memorial. These three were looking right at the wall of names and as an art major, I LOOOOOOOVE this sculpture. Beautiful.

Vein-y arm! This makes me happy for no reason.

Me standing in front of the Lincoln Memorial. It was suffocatingly hot and crowded that day and I ran out of water halfway through the day.


Me, dad, and Abe Lincoln.


Me, mom, and Abe Lincoln.


Me, dad and brother on the steps of the Lincoln memorial.


The Washington Monument.


Me, in front of the wall of gold stars at the World War II memorial

Same wall of stars, my eyes are closed because that's what the cool kids do. Actually it was more along the lines of the fact that the sun was in my eyes and my dad refused to let up on the picture taking.

Walking alongside the Vietnam War Memorial. Wow out of sequence much.


The White House! Sorry guys this is as close as I could get to Obama without being killed by the snipers on the roof :(
I could however get a picture of myself kissing him, for $7. But he's married and a tad old for me.

The Post Office! This place was great. It was a lot like that underground food court that was near the AGO, only bigger and indoors and classier. There was this elevator that went all the way up to that tower and you could see the original bells, and all of D.C spread out below you. It was awesome.

The ride back to Largo, Maryland on the metro. Tired, sweaty, and my feet hurt like hell. But it was an awesome experience. I wish I had more than one day to spend in D.C. And more patience to show you guys more pictures. But I can't be arsed to write a detailed entry.


~Lenny


No comments: