Friday, July 24, 2009

of me using my youth as an excuse to bitch about life

Happy Birthday Sinthu!

Remind me never to sketch with only markers again.

Here comes my rant of all things that piss me off/depress me at this point:

1) What the hell is up with 2009? Is it just me or has this year been one giant fluctuation between depressingly bad and REALLY GOOD? Overall I guess I'm going to learn something from all the crap that happened this year, but COME ON. It's like I don't even have time to enjoy being bored and irresponsible anymore!

2) I need to remember that life has a sick sense of humour. And next time I ask for it to be more exciting, I should be more specific. I hate change. Everyone and their dog knows this by now. I will fight change till you pry my cold fingers off of what I'm used to and force me to accept the new. Everything is so freaking convoluted right now that I seriously have no idea what's going on, what's going to happen, and GAH.

3) I think I've finally accepted that I'm another year older, and only have 2 more years of school left before my group of friends split up for their post-secondary education ventures. As if going to high school was bad enough now I have to overhaul like crazy AGAIN? And I need to decide what the hell to do with my life when I honestly don't have the foggiest idea. I'm going to end up a hobo and poor if I go with anything that I'd like to do as a career.

4) Volunteer hours or child exploitation? The library still hasn't called me back after a year and a half, and so help me God if I have to sell carnations for charity again.

5) I miss Amy :(

6) Hell I miss everyone. Please don't leave.

Well that was short and to the point. Sort of.
I'm off to Virginia for a week tomorrow. Waking up at 5 am or something like that. Should be fun :]

Peace Out,

~Lenny

2 comments:

Sinthu said...

Thanks so much for your card! I love your birthday art!

And I need to decide what the hell to do with my life when I honestly don't have the foggiest idea. I'm going to end up a hobo and poor if I go with anything that I'd like to do as a career.<

This is cheesy but do what you want! (illustration right?) Now that I am in higher education, I hate meeting people who are in programs for the money i.e. pre-med douches. They are so phony and usually bite off more than they can chew and just end up latching onto others to get through. You should do art because you like it or else you will sell out or resent art or both. lol I understand that you need to make a living though so it's good to be multi-disciplined which I think you are already achieving.

Volunteer Advise

If you are having trouble of completing your hours, I highly recommend contacting Peel HIV/AIDS Network. I did the majority of my hours are there and I found them to be very responsive when I emailed them. The work was a bit boring, basically you answer calls and do some filing... mostly I just read about HIV/AIDS (their literature was interesting) and the people there are super nice. It's good to write on your resume etc. etc. etc.

Cawthra used to have Nark Army (That's what I called it, I don't remember the actual name) but basically you get 10 hours to listen to a bunch of cops yell at you. I felt like I was a delinquent or something but it's actually supposed to be some nurturing workshop bull crap. Anyways, also easy hours and you get free food though I don't know if it's offered at Cawthra anytime soon. Oh wait some of the name is coming to me... it's like "Cross Roads Academy" .. keep an ear out for that one. Oh man I remember having a lame graduation in the library where I shook hands with the VP "Congratulations!" Gosh so stupid.

Lenny said...

AHAHAHAHAHAA
yes I do want to do illustration but daaamn that's not an easy field to get into.
I don't even know if that's what I want and that's what scares me. More so than the guidance counsellors breathing down your neck about hurrying the hell up with course selections.

I'll be doing some hours at TKD apparently, and I'll keep an eye out for the Nark Army hahahaha that sounds hilarious.
Peel HIV/AIDS could be fun. I wish I could get some volunteer position where I get to learn more about what I want to do in life, and hopefully STDs are not in my future.