Sunday, June 28, 2009

TKD: Amy's black belt test (with pictures!)

So today instead of doing nothing I went to go cheer on my over-protective ex-husband (lol) since she was testing for second dan :]
I think she did awesome, personally, but she's never going to agree. Whatever, here we go.
To start off, I own a Canon PowerShot SD450, which is essentially a point and shoot digital camera. Please excuse the picture quality. And since this is TKD, it is blurry as well as dark.
Here we go,
Master D kicking what is pretty much his face level.
Hahahah I'd be nervous holding the boards too. Last black belt test I held an apple for Master Ko to kick, and he missed, kicked my hand instead. I lost feeling in that hand for about a minute. Thank god nothing worse happened.

This was a tornado for sure, whether or not it was a 540 remains debatable. I forgot -___-'
When I grow up, I want to be able to do those kinds of kicks. I need to get so much more flexible though. :(

Amy's tornado kick.

I NEVER NOTICED SHE DID THAT. But omg, I have about 5-6 pictures of the exact same pose LOL. That's amazing. I should try it.


This is either pattern 7 or 8, and since I know neither, I won't be able to tell you which one it is.
That is a pretty damn cool pose though.
So all in all today was so much fun, even though watching got a bit boring halfway through. It would have been far more enjoyable if I was not freezing my butt off. They decide to turn on the AC NOW. Of course. Hahahaha watching the black belts do the patterns is some kind of epic. I'll upload a video sometime if I can, but when they're doing the moves at the same time, wow. Just wow.
I'm surprised Amy didn't put up more of a fight about these pictures. At my belt test I threatened murder in the bloodiest way possible if any pictures of that ended up on the Internet.
And now I have a remarkable amount of reference for any martial arts poses I will ever need to draw.
Peace out,
~Lenny



3 comments:

RootPanda said...

Coooool!!!!

Sinthu said...

Oh em gee i wish i went!! Ah remind when amy does her third degree test! we can go and make a gif. graphics of her doing some crazy backwards reverse tornado kick or something.

Lenny said...

@sinthu

yeah we should!
Though I barely got out of her when this one was. D: