Sunday, September 5, 2010

Romance Is


I'm not even sure what I want to say about this picture. It's been stewing in my sketchbook for a few weeks now, always in the back of my mind. I finally decided to scan it and fiddle around with it in Photoshop until it more or less ended up being something I'm halfway satisfied with.


I don't draw a lot of nudes/half-nudes any which way you look at it. This isn't even mature content really.
Not entirely sure why, since I greatly enjoy life drawing.

I tried to make her less than perfect, but I still didn't go as far as I should have. She still looks a bit too cookie-cutter perfect for my liking. That irritates me to no end about my drawing. For all my fascination with quirks in appearances, and meeting that one amazing nose, fantastic jawline, or what have you, all my people look exactly the same. Ugh.

Improvement needs to be done.

At least if I have any hope of getting into art school.

Peace,

~Lenny

2 comments:

Sinthu said...

looks like you. this sounds creepy though LOL

Lenny said...

LOLOLOL.

Oh man everything's creepy.