Thursday, October 15, 2009

Swimming, school, food, TKD

I am so remarkably tired that it's kind of ridiculous. It's only a month and a half into school and I can't keep my eyes open. I am ready for second semester to start already so I don't have to calculate anything. 
That and I'm really REALLY hungry.
4th lunch is not cool >_>;

TKD has been so lonely lately, it really makes me sad. We're in much the same situation we were this time last year. Basically one teacher, everyone either not going at all or going irregularly. *sigh*
Yeah I'm just annoyed that I get paired up with whoever's left over.

So yeah, I went the the Explore Design fair type thing yesterday on a school field trip. Which was informative if slightly dull. 
If before I had one or two options for my post-secondary education, now I have more like 15 O_O;
Which is kind of not helping me in any way at all. 
I want to do art for a living, I think I've decided on either illustration or graphic design. 
I also would like to live at home, for various reasons such as the fact that if I live alone I'll die of starvation. That and I am NOT ready to leave home yet. I don't understand people who can't wait till they do. Its' pretty much an impossible concept for me to grasp. 
My 3 so far are Sheridan, Ryerson, and St. Lawrence.
The first two are close to home, the last not so much. But it's closer than something like Ohio or New York. 

I still have time to think, so maybe that'll change. 

Oh, and next summer I am most likely going to Ukraine, which is awesome on one hand, and not so awesome on the other. 
Awesome because I love my family and I want to get out of Canada for a bit because all I do here is be bored out of my mind. Unless my parents drag me camping in which case I'm also irritable. I think it'd be good for me to get away from it all and just chill. Concentrate on having fun and nothing else. 
Not so awesome because I'm already thinking about how horribly out of shape I'm going to be when i get back and how badly I'm going to die at TKD. I'll also miss all my friends, since I will be internet-less for the most part when I'm there. So, basically a month and a half of no communication with the world over here in Canada land. I am NOT looking forward to answering my emails when I get back. 

But I'm worrying ahead of time, as per usual. 

In other news, first swim practice of the the year is today! The practices have been moved to twice a week instead of 3 times, and they are now Tuesday mornings and Thursday afternoons.
Which means we don't have the luxury of ever missing a practice. 
Time to get my butt in gear and cut some seconds off my times, and seeing as I haven't been swimming for real since February, this shall be interesting if nothing else. 

Peace,

~Lenny


2 comments:

Sinthu said...

Hey olena. I haven't talked to you in a while. I will come to tkd next week. I was always hungry whenever I had fourth lunch at cawthra, hated it! I went to the ED Thing 2 years ago too. Which month are you going for Ukraine? and ... st lawrence? Why have you started to think about that (Just curious!)

Lenny said...

yeah please come!
It's been deserted D:
Hmm probably from July to August, but we'll see how well that works out.
Oh, the guy at the St. Lawrence booth at ED almost convinced me that I MUST go there. He was talking about how for their graphic design program they put you through technical drawing, life drawing, illustration, layout, typography and I dunno, it sounded like something that I'd like to do.